Tuesday 24 January 2012

Update

So I was struggling to motivate myself to start the next exercise over the weekend, and also to write up and post the previous exercise to this blog.  It's possible this is due to the awful weather here, which has been consistently dark, dull and damp recently which does nothing for my spirits....Maybe I will go out and take some night shots tonight for a bit of fun.  Anyway one thing that raised my spirits was a book I had from the library - 'Finding the Picture' by Phil Malpas and Clive Minnitt.  It's a light-hearted book packed full of their own great images, along with some technical explanation and also a decent bit of critiquing of each others work.  I can see myself going back to this book quite often as it deals with many theories of composition and is quite inspiring.

Next on the reading list is 'Camera Lucida' by Roland Barthes, something I've been meaning to read for a while.  From what I've heard it sounds quite heavy so I'll probably need to give it some serious attention if I'm going to get my head around it.  Anyway, back to work, I've got quite a few photos to sort through and a few exercises to write up.



No comments:

Post a Comment